[FC] Painting or Powdercoating Wheels

Paul Steinberg corvanatics@corvair.org
Mon Jan 26 00:18:00 2004

Paint is better on wheels.... I have had some tractor wheels powder coated and
the coating is too heavy for wheels.  To get a gloss they use a heavy material
and it looks OK, but paint is better in my opinion..... Paul in CT....
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: * Greenbrier Goon *
  To: corvanatics@corvair.org ; virtualvairs@skiblack.com
  Sent: Monday, January 26, 2004 12:12 AM
  Subject: [FC] Painting or Powdercoating Wheels

  Hey everyone:

  I am undecided on whether to have the wheel for my FC painted of
  powdercoated.

  I guess I am asking if anyone has had problems with powdercoted wheels.
  Peeling, chipping etc?

  Painting would be much less money but may not be as durable.  I have been
  considering painting the rims Argent Silver which is the color GM used on
  their Ralley wheels back in the '60's.  Sort of a sportier look than
  painting them to match the body.

  Charles

  Greenbrier World:
  http://www.c-zone.net/northgte/greenbrier.htm

  1963 Greenbrier PG (soon to be 4 speed)
  1963 Corvair 95 4 Speed (soon to be scrap)