[FC] Flatbed Ramp

J R Read_HML corvanatics@corvair.org
Sun Jul 4 01:00:01 2004

When I was looking for a Rampside to buy, I saw one in Rockford, IL that had
the "flatbed" option.  Only one I've EVER seen.  Had never even HEARD of it
before that.  Essentially, it was a deck that slid into the bed so that the
entire bed then became the same height as the engine cover.  Of course, that
gave you storage under the deck, but would render the ramp to be a bit
useless.  Seemed like a dumb option to me.  I did not see the actual deck
piece as it was at another location at the time (but to be included with the
truck).  What was apparent were the mounting points for the deck.  He swore
that this was a stock option and I took him at his word or that.

The truck was very original EXCEPT that he had put a MACO paint job on it
and, to my mind, decreased the value.  He was looking for a lot more than I
wanted to spend.  It was a white 80hp 3 speed.

As far as a locking trunk is concerned, there is a considerable amount of
storage space behind the seat and the doors can be locked.  I've not found
it to be a problem.

Attachments are scanned with anti-virus software.

Later, JR
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
'65 Monza Convertible 4/140
'66 beater Coupe - icemobile 4/140