[FC] Re: Display van

Sun Jul 4 09:26:02 2004

In a message dated 7/4/2004 12:37:23 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
corvanatics-request@corvair.org writes:

> I just bought a 63 8-door Corvan that is equipped with windows on the
> passenger side cargo doors and no windows on the driver side cargo doors.
> By the way, it does have windows in the back doors.  I can report further
on
> it next week as it will be delivered to me on Tuesday.
>
> Bob McNutt
> Mayfield, KY

       Bob I can see already that you must be "good people" since you are
from Ky:-). I live up in Ft Thomas by Cincinnati.
        Your van is oddly equipped but not technically a display van. I ve
never run acorss an 8 door that was also a display van. A display van would
have
windows all down the passenger side including in the body itself,just like a
Greenbrier but the drivers side would have no windows at all. I ve got
one(Ford) that used to be a dispaly van but I installed solid side doors on it
and
sheet metaled over the 2 body windows. You cant even tell they were ever
there.
This van was so rust free that I just had to use it for my current project and
I couldnt locate a normal cargo van in good enuf shape so I just used this
one instead.
   I love the 8 door models. I ve got a buddy in Canada with an 8 door Ford
with a surfboard on the roof. Its too cool looking!!

                                                       Tim in Ky
                                                Econo USA Parts
                                 Your used 61-67 Econoline parts source
                               Constantly parting out E100 vans and trucks
                                            A100 parts also available

                                                  Ebay Falcon1966