[FC] Rampside Bed repainting

Sun Jul 4 11:33:00 2004

My  '62 Rampside was bought with a gray primed bed. It now has some surface rust. I'd like to resore it this summer. What would be the best way to go about this? Should I go to bare metal with sandpaper and the 3M black wheel or is paint remover best? To prevent future rusting would the Rust Encapsulator be a good choice for the bare metal or is Rustoleum just as good? As for the color coat would that be the same as the body or the stripe? I've seen some ramp doors painted black. Is that original? Any ideas about Herculiner or Linex?
Lastly my engine hatch doesn't have a handle.  Is there supposed to be one?
THANKS