[FC] Rampside Bed repainting

Dave Sanger corvanatics@corvair.org
Sun Jul 4 12:42:00 2004

Hello,

On my Rampside, I have sanded down to bare metal, primed, and plan on a
Linex liner (black). I compared Linex to the others; I like Linex surface
("crinkly", not smooth, and hard -- it will cover up the metal dings
resulting from previous service as a truck).

Regards,

Dave
Traverse City, MI
63 Rampside
64 Spyder convertible
----- Original Message -----
From: <hauppauge21@comcast.net>
To: <corvanatics@corvair.org>
Cc: <hauppauge21@comcast.net>
Sent: Sunday, July 04, 2004 11:47 AM
Subject: [FC] Rampside Bed repainting

> My  '62 Rampside was bought with a gray primed bed. It now has some
surface rust. I'd like to resore it this summer. What would be the best way
to go about this? Should I go to bare metal with sandpaper and the 3M black
wheel or is paint remover best? To prevent future rusting would the Rust
Encapsulator be a good choice for the bare metal or is Rustoleum just as
good? As for the color coat would that be the same as the body or the
stripe? I've seen some ramp doors painted black. Is that original? Any ideas
about Herculiner or Linex?