[FC] Differential side bearings

Tue Jul 6 06:32:01 2004

If it was me i would take the differential apart!. on the 65 van from hell i
felt a little play i did not like so took it apart.it wasnt bad but it was
something not to leave be. it turned out to be the drivers side  carrier bearing.
i replaced both. the only way to be sure is to take it apart and look all of
it over carefully. if you dont it will bite you as far away from home as you
can get with it. i repacked my axle bearings with a product call BG synthetic
bearing grease. washed and washed them then repacked them.a good moly bearing
grease or  wheel bearing grease mixed with moly supplement and a little STP is
also very good. do the front bearings the same way.i think i posted pictures
of some of this on the web picture site.   http://www.corvair.de/n2vzd/
  regards tim colson