[FC] corvan useswRe: Corvanatics digest, Vol 1 #464 - 14 msgs

Joel McGregor corvanatics@corvair.org
Mon Jul 12 22:06:01 2004

I've got 3.

Joel in Keller, TX (DFW area)
'66 Corsa w/air
'63 Greenbrier 4spd
'63 Greenbrier 8dr 4spd "Bob"
'63 900 Convertible 4spd
'67 Monza 4spd Posi
15 others

-----Original Message-----
From: corvanatics-admin@corvair.org [mailto:corvanatics-admin@corvair.org]
On Behalf Of WARD2WAYNE@aol.com
Sent: Monday, July 12, 2004 1:34 PM
To: corvanatics@corvair.org
Subject: [FC] corvan useswRe: Corvanatics digest, Vol 1 #464 - 14 msgs

someone spoke of uses for corvans-the most interesting i ever saw happened
in
new york city. i was there during the world's fair (64-65) i heard a siren
near times square and when I looked it was the new york fire departments
corvair.  i think it was a mobile photography/darkroom unit responding to a
fire. I
often wondered how long it was in service.also, I bought a rampside this
february. I have wanted one since i saw them when they came out,  now my
kids are
grown and left the nest I could afford to buy toys for myself. it's a 61
three
speed with not as much rust as you'd expect from a chevy truck of the
60's/70's.  i went to a local car show for the first time last friday. the
guys at the
gate
had never seen one.  they thought it was a van that had been chopped and
customized.
it drew a lot of  attention -made me happy. Does anyone know how mant
rampsides are left.
here inc new england they rotted out fast.