[FC] FC Roof Panel Removal

Paul Steinberg corvanatics@corvair.org
Wed Jul 21 22:28:01 2004

I believe that this has been discussed before, but I can't find when or where.
I have to replace the roof panel on my FC because someone had cut a giant hole
in the middle to make it into a pop up camper.  I have examined the assembly
manual and it appears that the roof panel is glued down and has some spot
welds in the corners.  Has anyone ever removed a roof panel before?  I have
examined the FC closely and I find that the panel ends at the roof gutters.  I
have been told that the bolts that appear to be holding it down won't help you
to remove it if they are removed.  Does anyone know how the factory installed
the roof panel.  I only have one donor FC and don't want to destroy the roof
in an attempt to remove the roof panel.  Any and all suggestions are welcome.
Does anyone have a junker that they could cut a wedge out of the roof to
examine how it was done?  Thanks..... Paul in CT