[FC] Crown Mid Engine conversion

Joel McGregor corvanatics@corvair.org
Wed Jul 21 22:47:01 2004

I'm interested in the Crown kit.  How much and please send pictures.
Thanks,

Joel in Keller, TX (DFW area)
'66 Corsa w/air
'63 Greenbrier 4spd
'63 Greenbrier 8dr 4spd "Bob"
'63 900 Convertible 4spd
'67 Monza 4spd Posi
15 others

-----Original Message-----
From: corvanatics-admin@corvair.org [mailto:corvanatics-admin@corvair.org]
On Behalf Of Doug B
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2004 3:28 AM
To: corvanatics@corvair.org
Subject: [FC] Crown Mid Engine conversion

Hi, corvanatics

I was wondering if anyone is interested in a Crown Mid Engine conversion?

I have a Corvair 4spd. transaxle with the Crown conversion parts/setup that
has a custom built sub frame - it was originally built in '72-73 for a
Austin mini cooper - Auto Crosser. It was set up for a SBC motor, but any GM
motor  with a 4spd Bellhousing will bolt right up to it (215 Buick/olds).
The engine has been sold - still have the headers/pipes if you might go with
a SBC. It is a nice sub frame, made from 1 1/2 by 2 1/2 tubing - the front
cross member is bolted on - along with a few other parts to make putting in
another vehicle easy.

>From what I have been told most of the hard parts are no longer available
from Clarks Corvairs anymore.

also have 2 door emblems and a horn button? from a Monza in decent shape.
Part number for door panel emblems are 4468945 with a T under that  one
emblem has one pin broken off  there are 3 on the back. Steering wheel
emblem is 3 1/8 diameter and the plastic lens is not cracked  has some
light pitting on bezel.

Send for pictures if they don't make it thru.

thanks Doug B.
North Central Ohio

Corvair Mid engine unit 009.jpg]

Corvair Mid engine unit 031.jpg]