[FC] Floor repair

James Davis corvanatics@corvair.org
Tue Jul 27 16:20:03 2004

I will second that.  While not having replaced the entire floor, I have had
to replace both front fenders and rockers in to the floor and back to the
rear of the door opening.  There must be 100 or more spot welds in three
layers of metal (20 and 18 ga).  I did mine in fiberglass so as not to have
to do it again.  The front floor was rusty but whole so it got POR-15 and
fiberglass.  I figure about 50 hours from start to finish including
paint.  Once you get the front sealed you can use a scrub brush and water
hose to clean the mud out of the cab with no fear of rust. Rampus is a
daily driver with 176,000 mostly trouble free miles, so far.
Jim Davis