[FC] Re: Corvanatics digest, (fan belts)

Joel McGregor corvanatics@corvair.org
Sat Jun 26 10:11:01 2004

That's right.  I've had lots of Corvairs and put lots of miles on them and
only had one 'vair ('62, my first one) that tossed belts.  It must have had
bearing trouble or an alignment problem because it would toss one often when
you hit high rpms.
I do run my belts tighter than that and haven't had any problems in years.

Joel in Keller, TX (DFW area)
'66 Corsa w/air
'63 Greenbrier
'63 900 Convertible
'67 Monza
15 others

-----Original Message-----
From: corvanatics-admin@corvair.org [mailto:corvanatics-admin@corvair.org]
On Behalf Of SPYDER62@aol.com
Sent: Friday, June 25, 2004 11:22 PM
To: corvanatics@corvair.org
Subject: Re: [FC] Re: Corvanatics digest, (fan belts)

In a message dated 6/25/2004 8:02:31 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
noahsarkinc@earthlink.net writes:
Carry a spare fan belt at all times.
And don't over tighten it. Just enough to turn the Gen. or alternator fan
with one finger.
 If you do that you should not toss any belts (Unless your at the Fan Belt
Toss) they will ware out before the break.

Rich
www.shepswoodncrafts.com
68 Datsun roadster
8 Corvairs