[FC] Camping and Getting Ready

Don/Sandy Ralph corvanatics@corvair.org
Tue Mar 16 18:26:06 2004

My check is on the way to Lon for a camping reservation.

Now I need  to start planning on getting the Greenbrier ready to go to
Kentucky.  This is where on need some advice on the   fuel system.  We are
still in Arizona and will returning to Michigan in about a month to get to
work on the van.

My van has been hard to start after it sets for over a week or more without
being started.  I have to prime it to get it started.  I don't know what the
condition is of the inside of the gas tank, but I am sure it could use a
cleaning and sealing.  The fuel level sender works ok, and I have a new fuel
pump.  I want to pull the tank, clean and seal it, and replace the front brake
cable.

What parts should I be ordering and looking at replacing?

Should I consider installing an electric fuel pump, and if so what kind should
I get?  If I put on an electric pump what kind of safety switch do I need to
shut it off in case of a leak?

Any advice you can give me would be appreciated.

Don
64 Greenbrier PG