[FC] Electric Hot Air

Keith Hammett corvanatics@corvair.org
Wed Mar 24 09:56:02 2004

Check the watts on your hair dryer, something like 1500 watts.  Now watts
equal heat (for simplicity).  150 to 200 watt's will make the glove box
warm.  Clean and repair your original heat system and be warm.

Keith Hammett

-----Original Message-----
From: corvanatics-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:corvanatics-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of D
Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2004 8:49 AM
To: corvanatics@corvair.org
Subject: [FC] Electric Hot Air

Because the previous owner of my Rampside used plastic dryer hose, I don't
have heat. I've been considering using one of those 150 or 200 wattt
cigarette
lighter heaters.  It seems like it would circumvent any possible carbon
monoxide poisoning, and the need to clean-up the ducts etc., and a simple
quick solution. Is there a problem with doing this? I can't say I've ever
seen
any postings about using one of these units. Can the electrical system
handle
it?