[FC] Electric Hot Air

Bryan Blackwell corvanatics@corvair.org
Wed Mar 24 10:09:00 2004

Bear in mind the stock electrical system was only designed for 30 amps
total, you're talking about pulling at least 10 amps through the cig
lighter.  I've not heard of someone successfully using one.  The CO
hazard is real, but bear in mind that most street Corvairs use the
stock heater which works really well if it's in good condition.  If you
want to review rebuilding the stock system again, the link is at:

http://autoxer.skiblack.com/fc-heat.html

If you want to use the electric heater as a stopgap to keep feeling in
your toes until you can fix the stock heater that might work, but to
have *heat* what you really want is to fix the stock system.

--Bryan