[FC] Stupid fan....

Tue May 18 07:13:00 2004

In a message dated 5/18/2004 12:40:09 AM Eastern Standard Time,
krupross@sunwave.net writes:
My guess is that it has welded together from galvanic
reaction, aided by its long life living near the ocean and being stored in
less than perfect environment.
Conclusion: perhaps I should send it to the CPF as an example of how mag fans
can grow barnacles.....
I will be sending the pics off to Les to post on the WCC website soon.

    I did a short article on magnesium inter-granular corrosion a short time
ago an V V. What prompted the article was the report of a fan that had
exploded while running in the car. I had a chance to inspect the fan shortly there
after and it was caused by the inter-granular corrosion.
    It sounds like it might be time to replace the fan for safety's sake.
    Ken Hand