[FC] Anti theft devices

Charles corvanatics@corvair.org
Wed May 19 22:33:00 2004

Hello all, I think it is worth mentioning something I learned. A fellow,
I know works as a corrections officer in a young offenders detention
centre. He questioned a number of inmates who are in for car theft about
which is the most effective deterrent. They all said the most difficult
to deal with is the one which goes from the steering wheel to the brake
pedal. It just makes it not worth the effort so they don't bother. This
fellow is very likeable and I'm sure is on good terms with the inmates.
He told me that he did this survey at the same time but in different
locations so the inmates could not have communicated with each other to
fabricate answers to match. I'm convinced it is a genuine sampling of
the people who know how to steal cars.

- Charles