[FC] Gas Gauge

Donald Ralph corvanatics@corvair.org
Thu May 20 06:52:01 2004

Thanks Bob, that was my problem, a bad ground.  The previous person who
removed the tank cut the ground wire and spliced it back together and it now
came apart at the splice.  I should have replaced the whole ground wire
while I had the sender out.

I also had this problem. It seems that the design of this system shows you a
"full" reading if the circuit is open. Which could mean 1. No connection
from the positive side of the gauge to voltage. 2. No connection from the
negative side of the gauge to the sending unit. 3. sending unit not
grounded. 4. sending unit defective. Hopefully your problem can be fixed
without removing the tank again. I got tired of removing mine so I cut a 4"
hole under the seat where the gauge is located. Anytime I have a problem, I
remove the seat, uncover the hole and wala.

Good Luck,
Bob