[FC] Truck Bed Cover Panels

Sun Nov 14 14:29:00 2004

Hello Dave,
    I just bought 3 sheets of perforated 1/2" rubber floor matting at Home
Depot. They come as  a 3' x 3' sheet with nine 1' squares. They cut easily,
interlock and fit great in the bed just behind the cab (where the most usage is).
    I also bought a door sill, cut it to fit at the ramp, and screwed it in
over the floor matting to keep it from curling up when I roll a two-wheel cart
over it.
    The pieces of floor mat are glued together with a rubber glue meant for
shoes, and it really holds fast.
    To clean under the mat, all I have to do is lift it up and hang it over
the ramp.
    If the paint on the truck bed is fine, it's the easiest solution to
protecting the bed.
Take care,
Bill Beckley
'61 Rampside