[FC] ROUGH RUNNING ENGINE

robert wilson corvanatics@corvair.org
Sat Oct 2 21:07:01 2004

The engine on my rampside has recently started running rough and stalling at
stoplights (running slower & slower until it stalls).
When it's running rough,  the exhaust also smells bad (worse than exhaust
usually smells).

I checked all of the vacuum lines and there doesn't seem to be any leaks.
My thoughts are the following:

-Fouled plug(s)? - it does burn a little bit of oil upon startup
-Clogged fuel components? (I did replace the carb filters - there's also
another one closer to the tank replaced ealry summer)
-Bad gas? (just filled the tank w/ premium but haven't had a chance to drive
it very far)
-Something with the carburetors?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Scott Wilson