[FC] ROUGH RUNNING ENGINE

Clark Hartzel corvanatics@corvair.org
Sat Oct 2 21:17:00 2004

Check the gap at the points.  Corvair engines are notorious for wearing out
the rubbing block and pretty soon no ignition!  Also make sure chokes are
open after it warms up.
Clark Hartzel, previous owner

-----Original Message-----
From: corvanatics-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:corvanatics-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of robert wilson
Sent: Saturday, October 02, 2004 9:02 PM
To: corvanatics@corvair.org
Subject: [FC] ROUGH RUNNING ENGINE

The engine on my rampside has recently started running rough and stalling at
stoplights (running slower & slower until it stalls).
When it's running rough,  the exhaust also smells bad (worse than exhaust
usually smells).

I checked all of the vacuum lines and there doesn't seem to be any leaks.
My thoughts are the following:

-Fouled plug(s)? - it does burn a little bit of oil upon startup
-Clogged fuel components? (I did replace the carb filters - there's also
another one closer to the tank replaced ealry summer)
-Bad gas? (just filled the tank w/ premium but haven't had a chance to drive
it very far)
-Something with the carburetors?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Scott Wilson