[FC] The Retro Corvair - Rampside

Paul Steinberg corvanatics@corvair.org
Wed Oct 13 10:13:03 2004

the 54 Corvette was done by a private company under license from GM and it was
a flop....... Paul in ct
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Wild8bill@aol.com
  To: corvanatics@corvair.org
  Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2004 1:21 AM
  Subject: Re: [FC] The Retro Corvair - Rampside

  I think that would be a cool retro car to make. All the manufacturers are
  scrambling for something retro to remake ever since the PT Cruiser came out.
  Unfortunately, only the Mini Cooper stands up very well. The new T-Bird
looks like
  the interior was made from one piece of (cheap) stamped plastic, and the new
  Chevy "truck" is about the same. My picks to base a cool retro car on: 1954
or
  57 Corvette, 1957 Nomad, 1961 Rampside, 1965 Mustang, and probably the most
  likely to be a 100,000 car seller, a Nash Metropolitan. And to be real
funky;
  the trio of the Pacer, Matador and Gremlin.
  And for God's sake, spend about $25 more and have real metal trim on the
dash!