[FC] [RCG] Retro Rampside

Merv Krull and or Loretta Prosser corvanatics@corvair.org
Wed Oct 13 20:45:03 2004

Hi all!

Does anyone remember the Dodge Deora?

here is a website with the Deora story...

http://www.bonediggers.com/1-2/deora/deora.html

Someone mentioned that they were in the midst of the car crazy kid stage when
Rampsides hit the scene and thought they looked funny.

I was 8 when Rampsides came out, and I honestly don't remember ever seeing one
back then. Did any come to Alberta?

That said, my ideal Rampside would still have the engine/tranny/diffy in the
rear, perhaps a 3.8 from a Venture or Montana.(or a Subaru?)
-Keep the noise back there.
-Keep the weight back there.
-Keep the payload capacity at 3/4 ton.
-Keep the ramp!!!!!!
-Keep the three seater bench (two or three buckets optional).
-Add some crush space to the front to go with the soft bumper assembly.
-Provide some freaky cool camper options (designed by Austin Powers)
-Cooling air intakes at back corners (kinda like VWs) routed to go through the
radiator and exit via vents in original locations.
-Electric cooling fan.
-Air Conditioning/heating
-Spartan interior, comfy but not fancy.

Merv Krull