[FC] Torn Thread

Michael Emanuele corvanatics@corvair.org
Thu Oct 14 16:20:02 2004

OK guys and gals, it's been a while since my last post, but I am in need of
your expert help.
I have torn out the threads on the #1 cylinder on my 140hp rampside. I have
never had to deal with this before. My questions are as follows. What type of
thread insert should I use? Can it be had from any parts store? Does anyone
have a part number? What do I ask for, thread type , length,etc.? Last but not
least can this be done without removing the head? What do I need to know,look
for or watch out for?  Lastly, is this going to be equal to brain surgery or
as easy as removing a wart ?
As allways any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Michael Emanuele
61 Rampside 140hp
61 Eight Door- For show
69 Monza Ct- in restoration