[FC] Cover bolts

TiM M corvanatics@corvair.org
Sun Oct 24 22:59:09 2004

Hi, I'm new to Corvairs and recently purchased a 1961
Rampside. I'm having fun with it so far. The two rear
covers came without any bolts holding them down. The
front smaller cover takes 5/16 -18 bolts. The rear
large cover appears to take a 1/4" bolt, but neither
1/4-20 or 1/4-28 bolts seem to fit any of the holes. I
don't know if this is due to it sitting around with no
bolts for who knows how long or what. I just wanted to
be sure what the thread was before I got out the taps
to clean things up.

Thanks,

TiM

'61 electric Rampside