[FC] Cover bolts

James Davis corvanatics@corvair.org
Mon Oct 25 10:40:01 2004

Your measurements are correct.  The engine cover machine screws are 1/4-20
x 1 clutch head.  Those for the trans/diff cover are 5/16-18 x 3/4 clutch
head.  I replaced all of my clutch head machine screws with button head,
hex drive.  Most of the holes are rusty or corroded so use a tap to clean
them and then use anti-seize on the machine screws.  I use star washers to
hold them tight.
Jim Davis