[FC] FC Fuel tank

Keith Hammett corvanatics@corvair.org
Mon Sep 13 08:11:02 2004

I am currently working on a gas tank project for my rampside.  A new tank is
being made out of stainless steel and will go where the original one was
located.  Along with the new tank is a new sender and pickup tube.  As soon
as it is complete I will do a write up and send it into corvanatics and to
the communique.

Keith Hammett

-----Original Message-----
From: corvanatics-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:corvanatics-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of Vic
Sent: Sunday, September 12, 2004 7:22 PM
To: corvanatics@corvair.org
Subject: [FC] FC Fuel tank

I just removed the fuel tank from my Rampside. Whew! That went ok only
because
I have a lift I could run it onto and get to things easily. Mine came out
because the fuel sender unit quit working and as I suspected, the float was
filled with gasoline. My question is- - -  has anyone put any other tank in
an
FC? I'm thinking of purchasing some kind of tank to mount in the bed of the
FC
and the put in a "new" false floor of diamond plate steel or aluminum over
it.
The additional space under there could either be for tools or the spare
tire.
Any ideas or suggestions?
Thanks
Vic Howard
Pres. Vegas Vairs
owner: 61 Rampside, 110, 4 spd
            66 Monza coupe, 140, AT,AC,Telewheel and much more