[FC] Re: Squeaks and creaks

TiM M mr_tim34 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 10 00:38:09 EDT 2005

The Electric Rampside weighs in @ 3700 Pounds on the
nose. 1950 on the rear axle and 1750 on the front,
throw in my 200+ pounds and it's almost exactly 50/50.
 The batteries are 60 pounds each and I have 16 of
them, 960 pounds there. I guess the electric motor,
speed controller and battery charger weigh about the
same and the ICE components did as I'm 1000 pounds
over the curd weight listed for it.   I'm planning on
replacing the battery pack shortly and will be adding
at least 4 more batteries. I'd really like to add
eight, but that might have to wait a bit.  The extra 8
batteries will put me within 400 pounds of the GVW,
that doesn't leave much wiggle room. Maybe I need to
drop some weight myself ;-)
     Thanks for the other tips as well, I'll be
checking the front end for adequate lubrication and
the ramp for alignment? I didn't think of checking
that. I do know I'm missing the round rubber bumper on
one side.

TiM