[FC] POR15 use

Bruce Gwyther vairman at sisna.com
Mon Apr 11 13:30:36 EDT 2005

I think they make a thinner to be used if you spray it. Just be sure you
clean up your gun immediately after use or you will end up throwing it away
after it dries. The stuff is tough and if you let it dry on your hands you
will have to WEAR it off.  Been there, done that.  There are a lot of
automotive paints that cost a LOT more than POR-15 but it IS fairly
expensive.  I have used it on my '65 Corsa  ragtop underbelly and floor
boards. It is wonderful stuff so I guess you get what you pay for.  It is
great for suspensions and running gear cause it has a rock hard finish.   It
can be overpainted with your favorite color of auto paint if you desire
(with proper prep). Their gas tank sealer is great, also. I plan on doing my
FC's  soon.

Bruce Gwyther - - Bonneville Corvair Club
10 'Vairs (8 of 'em FC's)