[FC] POR15 use

mopar at jbcs2.net mopar at jbcs2.net
Mon Apr 11 15:01:26 EDT 2005

Horror stories about spraying POR 15.
Did that once without using a proper respirator. Made myself sick enough to
miss 3 days of work. Had the shakes for weeks, could feel it coming out of
the pores in my skin. I have become sensitized to various chemical fumes.
POR 15 contains isocyanate, you do not want to breath this. Minimal should
be a half face respirator with P-100 filters. Better should be an air
supplying respirator. Even if you are spraying, try and do it outside.

To top it off, in my opinion it covers better with a brush.

Oh, and throw the gun away when you are done, it is almost impossible to
clean.

Gary Swiatowy
Now knows better and is in charge or respiratory protection for the company
I work for. Though I cannot now wear a respirator due to health reasons
stemming from once using POR 15, and smoking for many years.