[FC] Rusty brake line

Bill Wells brierpath at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 29 09:07:44 EDT 2005

Folks,

I am in the process of replacing the entire braking system on my Rampside. I want to remind anybody who has not replaced their metal lines to replace or at least closely inspect them.
My vehicle has been in Texas all its life, with little or no road salt in use. When I removed the line that goes from the front brass block to behind the gas tank, it looked good until I got it out. It was very pitted where it traveled along the "frame rail" beside the tank. When I went to fold the line up to put in the trash, it snapped in half. It probably would have failed the hard/harder test and maybe on the road.

Have a good one,
Bill Wells