[FC] Greenbrier doings

Keith Hammett khammett at stainlessfab.com
Thu Aug 11 08:17:03 EDT 2005

Looks great!

Keith H.

-----Original Message-----
From: corvanatics-bounces at corvair.org
[mailto:corvanatics-bounces at corvair.org]On Behalf Of Bryan Blackwell
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2005 6:27 PM
To: corvanatics at corvair.org
Subject: [FC] Greenbrier doings

For those of you not on VV:

I got just a couple little things done on our Greenbrier last weekend,
some maintenance mostly, but also two things that I've wanted for a
bit.  First, one of those modern handy things is the cup holder.  Now
I've seen a bunch of things, but I kind of wanted something "60's".  A
little shopping at Target paid off - a 4" x 5" x 10" bathroom basket in
chrome.  Got some SS bolts and chrome spacers - to space the basket
away from the overhang of the dash, then a pair of nylon spacers to cut
to an angle to level it out - and we have a cup holder that will fit
two 32 oz. cups but still sort of has that period look:

http://autoxer.skiblack.com/greenbrier/cupholder1.jpg

Second, for those of you with a Deluxe GB, there's a rear dome light
that comes on with the rear doors.  Problem is, you can't turn it off
for those times you're at a show.  I needed to replace the fuse holder
anyway, so I added a switch on the positive side of the circuit (after
the fuse).  Now I can turn the light off *and* on.  Simple things for
simple minds :-)

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
http://autoxer.skiblack.com/
   Corvairs: '61 Lakewood, '64 Greenbrier, '65 Corsa, '66 Corsa