[FC] parking brake help

Jim Forgey jforgey4 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 14 19:49:21 EDT 2005

Hi Everyone,

Hope the summer is going well for all. Feel kind of
stupid about this question but have to put it out
there.

My hand brake has not been operating smoothly for a
while. Had the van out and when I got home realized
that the brake had only released part of the way, so
I was driving for a while with the brake at least
somewhat on.

The van seemed to  do well on the trip. I played with
the brake for a while and realized I needed to force
it down to get a full release.

Two questions - how much did I punish the engine,
vehicle or anything else?

Will lubricating the brake make it function better -
and are there any recommendations on a lubricant.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jim Forgey
64 Brier