[FC] Re: Corvanatics Digest, Vol 1, Issue 659

Patrick Skiver pnsskiver at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 25 16:44:34 EST 2005

towing ! wow,do not tow with the Camry!  I just  dolly towed my Ebay 63 Greenbrier 500 miles from North Carolina to Cleveland,Ohio.With a 10,000 pound RV. You must have a larger tow vehicle than the vehicle you are towing.
 I bought a eight door Greenbrier in California last year and we used my 3/4 ton Chevy conversion van for the tow vehicle. We could feel the weight of the van back there but I had the engine power and weight to overcome the Greenbrier.Unfortunatly the storm we drove into in Wyoming decided it didn't care how much care we used in towing safely and jackknifed my van and put us in a ditch with the Greenbrier stuck on top of the dolly. Thank God we didn't flip or loose everything.But we could have. I was able to repair the dolly and continue home but the rocker panel ,shifter and the tranny itself were damaged witch made the purchase of the NC van a nessesity.
I agree to try to find a trailer owner and pay him. Rent a U-Haul truck and trailer,anything than hitting the road with a death trap. By the way, the legal issues with towing unsafely will be addressed the first time a Highy Way Patrol officer sees you.
Were do you live? Pat Skiver.......By the way, I just bought a trailer to get rid of the dolly!

"

I need to tow a greenbrier,300 miles.Can a 91 toyota camry do it? Flat tow with a tow bar.

------------------------------

I'd say "no". The Brier probably weighs more than the tow vehicle! How are
you going to stop when a sudden emergency comes up.

Subject: [FC] towing

-

--

Keith Hammett

I need to tow a greenbrier,300 miles.Can a 91 toyota camry do it? Flat tow
with a tow bar.

Message: 6