[FC] towing

mopar at jbcs2.net mopar at jbcs2.net
Fri Feb 25 16:20:25 EST 2005

I once towed home a parts rampside with a 76 Ranchero, which was a 4400 #
car/truck. Only 25 miles, but still scary at best. I towed home my
greenbrier with my Dodge Ram, about 30 miles, never knew it was there.
I would say as a rule of thumb, the tow vehicle should be a good 1000 lbs
heavier than the vehicle being towed. A pickup has a load capacity, a camry
doesnt.
Be safe.....not sorry
Gary Swiatowy