[FC] Just a few questions

scott morehead corvanatics@corvair.org
Sun Jan 23 10:33:01 2005

Hello,

I'm getting ready to do a few changes to the drivetrain of my rampside and have recently read and spoken to some folks that have prompted additional questions.

I was going to install an automatic with a stall torque converter and a 110hp with 060 pistons, otto cam and other mods.  I heard, with the 060 pistons I WILL run into cooling problems?  Anyone else have troubles of this nature in an FC.

Will I need to make any changes to the motor mount when putting in a 110hp, perhaps use the 110 motor mount and drill and thread additional mounting holes or ?

If I decide to keep the manual tranny and install the 110hp will the same input shaft work or will I need another donor shaft.

Any differences in the tranny and rearend of a 61 and a 64 FC (64 being better)?

thanks in advance