[FC] Re: <VV> A Rampside Trip

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 6 13:44:59 EDT 2005

Well, yes I realize that and maybe I'm going to get used to seeing it at
400.  But once it got past 400, I was getting needle bounce - sort of like
you get on a speedometer just before a speedo cable lets go.  THAT made me
uncomfortable as some of the swings were close to 50 degrees (of temp) and I
decided not to push quite so hard on the throttle.  I was mentally averaging
the swings when I reported "spikes" to 425.  The needle actually momentarily
(fraction of a second) touched 450 a few times.

Now, the dash and the thermister have been in there less than a year and I
typically have only driven the Rampside on cooler days - when it was too
cool to be comfortable in a topless convertible.  So, I don't yet have a
great deal of experience with the current arrangement - especially not on
warm, humid days.

I guess I'm just used to seeing more like 375 on the gauge and I began to
wonder if something was going on.  It is hard to hear the engine in a
Rampside even with the windows down.  But, I did not detect any ping or
other strange sounds, so drove on.

Later, JR