[FC] A Rampside Trip

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Thu Jun 9 08:04:10 EDT 2005

i have used my rampy for hauling gas in 3  50 gal drums at a time for the
boat.  i also used to sell used wheel weight lead melted into bricks to the
fishing shops up in oswego ny about 30 miles north of me.  it was usually about
1000 pounds at a time.  i have hauled heavy ham transmitters, engines etc all
over with it.  if i ever restored it i would have to buy another one to use.  i
made that mistake with a nice 62 vette once. i used to really enjoy travel in
it, then restored it.  after the restoration, i was afraid to drive it anywhere
,and did not enjoy it,so sold it.so my take on this is to keep it nice but
use it, drive it, enjoy it, thats why they made them in the first place. if my
stuff is ever on a trailer , it is stolen..the rampy was driven over 5000 miles
last year.. regards, tim colson