[FC] Year of FC from VIN

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 8 02:14:12 EST 2005

The "stamped #" on the frame is just the last several digits of the VIN.  I
don't know if that is going to help you determine the year.

I had to find mine several yrs ago as there was some confusion at the time
that I bought it.  If I recall correctly, it was on the driver side on the
bottom side (may have been inboard side) of the frame rail at about the
point where it heads upward on an angle.  I think it was on that angled
portion of the rail.  Mine was built in Saint Louis.  The stamping might be
elsewhere if the FC was built elsewhere?

The regular VIN plate (at least on a Rampside) is located on the drivers
door post - just about eye level.  That should have the full # and you
should be able to determine the year from that one.

Later, JR