[FC] Re: Corvanatics Digest, Vol 4, Issue 2

WARD2WAYNE at aol.com WARD2WAYNE at aol.com
Mon May 2 16:26:16 EDT 2005

Hi everyone  I need help locating a choke splitter and cables for my  61
rampside.
When I got it last year the knob was broken off of the cable in the cab and
the cables were
 disconnected from the carburetors.   I got a replacement cable  from Clark;s
this past week and installed that  with no problem.  When  I hooked it to the
splitter in the rear I   found the splitter stuck pretty  tight.  I used
solvents to try to get junk out and then a liberal supply of  white lithium
grease.  It still wouldn't move unless  I forced  it. I took the splitter our of the
truck and then discovered that the cables had previously been bent on their
outside sheath
and they were not going to move no matter how much I tried to straighten  the
cables.
When I called Clark's this morning they told we there were no replacement
splitter and
cables to be had.  Does anyone out there have the splitter and  cables.
Starting cold
 in New England is no fun even in May