[FC] Ignition Resistor Wire & Tach Installation

Greenbrier Goon greenbriergoon at yahoo.com
Sun May 15 00:35:45 EDT 2005

Since I have a Flamethrower coil and a Pertronix Igniter in my 1963 Greenbrier, would it be beneficial to eliminate the resistor wire in the engine compartment wiring loom?

Also:  I just bought a column mount tach from Mooneyes.  The wiring instructions seem vague.  Isn't a tach normally wired to the NEGATIVE side of the coil?  That is how I have the VDO coil wired in my VW.

Charles

Greenbrier World:
http://www.c-zone.net/northgte/greenbrier.htm