[FC] Keiths Gas tank

Keith Hammett khammett at stainlessfab.com
Fri May 20 10:44:44 EDT 2005

The tank is made out of 304 stainless steel.  The fill tube and vent tube
are 316L.  I think that the pickup tube is 304, don't remember now.

There is a lot of work in the tank and still a lot left to do.  I started by
making a cardboard mock up and then I produced a drawing in AutoCad.  Cut
sheets were made, and I had the lead man in the fabrication bay do the
necessary cutting and forming for me.  The welder is our Field supervisor,
so things have moved slow on getting it done.  All the pieces are together
and I should have a completed tank next week.  I did a write up on the tank
and it should appear in the Corvanatics news letter some time, I need to
send pictures to include.

I have a '65 Monza Convertible and the rampy is a '62.  The rampy was
supposed to become my daily driver, so work on it has taken over.  Some how
I don't know when to stop and let things be so more and more work is getting
done on the rampy than what was in the original plan.  Was just going to get
it running, lots of other work has been done instead...  I also have a '66
Monza parts car that is scheduled to leave sometime this summer.

Keith Hammett