[FC] Broken Valve Cover Bolt

VairMech at aol.com VairMech at aol.com
Fri May 20 22:50:51 EDT 2005

In a message dated 5/19/2005 9:55:54 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
scwilson8126 at wowway.com writes:

I have a  Helicoil repair insert if I need it, but does anybody have any tips
on getting  the old bolt out.

It looks like it would be pretty hard to drill a  small enough hole  to get a
screw extractor in  there.

    I drill those out all the time. Then I run a tap  and everything is as
good as new. Also, unless the bolt is fresh and not rusted,  if you use the
extractor on a rusted bolt you will break it, then you will  have more troubles
than you wanted.
    Ken Hand