[FC] FC Engine Seal

Bill Wells brierpath at yahoo.com
Wed May 25 13:01:50 EDT 2005

Joel,

I purchased one for a '73 transporter. It fits and is easy to install, but is ugly. It is an "H" shaped foam strip.
I went ahead and used stainless wire to secure the original type rubber and it looks great.

Good luck anyway you go.

Bill Wells

Western Canada CORSA <westerncanadacorsa at shaw.ca> wrote:
It's my understanding that there is a VW engine seal that is a great
replacement for the stock EM corvair part(s). Of course, not having owned
an FC until recently, I never paid much attention as to what VW it was
originally from. Anybody know what I should be asking for at the local
veedub parts store?

Regards,
Joel