[FC] More ? for the masters; 90 weight leak

James Davis jld at wk.net
Tue Nov 8 10:09:38 EST 2005

Sounds like you have a leaking clutch input shaft seal.  The seal is
located in the clutch throughout bearing shaft. This is not an
uncommon affliction.  Remember the transmission input shaft goes from
the clutch disk to the very front of the transmission (it is
approximately 24 inches long).  Diff/transmission oil is
centrifugally thrown on the clutch disk.  Oil coated clutch disk grab
when cold and slip when hot.  The newer machined clutch throughout
bearing shafts have provisions got two input seals in tandem to
hopefully alleviate the sort of problem you are experiencing.
Just drop the engine and transalxe, split the assembly at the bell
housing, replace the clutch disk, input shaft bearing, clutch
throughout bearing, and clutch input shaft seal.  Reassemble and reinstall.
Jim Davis.