[FC] More ? for the masters; 90 weight leak

Paul Steinberg noahsarkinc at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 8 00:20:27 EST 2005

The transmission and the differantial share the gear lube, so one side or the other is going to be low.  I wouldn't be too quick to believe that the fluid level isn't going down in both reservoirs.  I would suggest that you attend to this immediately before the transmission or differantial overheats and there is permanent damage.  If the differantial locks up while you are driving, the damage to the vehicle can be catastrophic.  I know, because in 1963 the dealer replace the synchronizers in my Spyders transmission and they forgot to make sure that both reservoirs were full.  After about 200 miles of driving the differantial locked up and the axle sheared in half.  The transmission and differantial were both beyond repair.  Sure glad that it had a 12 month 12,000 mile warranty that paid for the replacement of both.
Paul in CT