[FC] Clutch linkage - early vs. late

James Davis jld at wk.net
Sun Nov 13 09:55:27 EST 2005

The front clamp takes the entire force of the outer cable.  It must
be tight and not move in the slightest; of course that is true for
the entire length of the cable .  Full pull on the cable is 5.8 of an
inch and you need it all to get the clutch to work properly.  If the
clamp is in good shape, you can reform it with a drift and vice,;
otherwise you need to find an acceptable replacement or fabricated a
replacement.
Jim Davis