[FC] '61 rampy

Timothy T Werner wern3 at juno.com
Tue Nov 22 14:02:50 EST 2005

The motor has the oil dipstick built into the cap sticking out of the
rear of the block on the original '61 engine.
I am going to check out the tranny for the Rampy, see if it was swapped
out of an early car, which would explain the backup light switch. There
are no wires to the switch and no backup lights on the truck. Thanks for
the help ID'ing the motor #!! It is nice to know that the motor is
correct for this truck, even if it will be replaced by a 140 I have ready
to go. I will use the tranny and the diff that came with the truck, but
will assemble a new flywheel, pressure plate and input shaft.
I am having quite a time getting all the grime off the transmission case
and the differential case. Work on the frame is going along better as I
get the hang of it.