[FC] torque converter snout

Diane Galli rdgalli at tcsn.net
Wed Nov 30 20:57:53 EST 2005

 No, you should NOT rotate it 180 degrees. It has a slot in the face that
lines up with the converter oil return tube down the side of the case. If it
is not installed properly, it will block more than half of the passage. I
know Jim is talking about the Stator shaft protruding out of the
differential. The bushing inside the converter snout rides on this
      I suspect you are talking about the converter seal, it rides on the
converter, you will need a new torque converter. I do not know of a sleeve
for this, although, you may check the size, then check with NAPA, Checker,
or whatever.
      Bob