[FC] Best Rear Bearing Greasing Method

westerncanadacorsa at shaw.ca westerncanadacorsa at shaw.ca
Fri Oct 7 14:36:18 EDT 2005

We've done several following the article in the Tech Guide written by Larry
Claypool.  With the right sized punch you can actually get the rivet out in
such a way that it can be re-used, so no bolts required.  I've heard two
schools of thought on the actual re-greasing.  One says to leave the old
grease alone and just add new grease, the other says to clean it out, dry
it, and then pack as much new grease in as possible.   If you clean it with
a solvent and use air to dry it out, Larry's article specifically says not
to allow the air pressure to spin the bearing.

The Tech Guide is a handy thing!

Regards,
Joel