[FC] Best Rear Bearing Greasing Method

Office 2004 Test Drive User hauppauge21 at comcast.net
Fri Oct 7 14:10:18 EDT 2005

I'm about to remove the rear bearing on my '62 Rampside. I've seen the
following methods which is the best? A) Remove rivets disassemble, use
common lock nut/bolt to reassemble.   B) Drill hole fill with grease close
with sheetmetal screw and silicone C) Drill hole tap out for ZERK fitting.
Obviously the drawback with the drilling is the possibility of getting
fragments into the bearing. But it seems it could be done without removing
the bearing from the axle? (T or F).  Taking it apart ensures that it's
clean and packed. But are any o-rings easily damaged what size bolt hardware
is needed?

THANKS